Back in October of last year I received an email from Peggy Smolen, the then editor of McKinney Magazine, stating that they had a position at the magazine shooting food and would I be interested.  I jumped at the chance.  I didn't have a lot going on at the time and I like to eat, why not?  Every month I shoot for a issue that is coming out at least 2 months down the road.  I work with the food editor, Debbie Dennison, a Foodie, and just awesome, she really has a sense of what looks good and is very easy to work with. She prepares the food and we usually shoot at her house.

Last week I got a sneak peek at the cover and VIOLA!!, it was my image.  They felt it needed some tweaking on a particular spot.  someone didn't like the "starburst" effect on the spoons. But they needed it done in 1 hour and could I get it done....of course.  Done in 30 minutes.


Here is the cover as it was printed.


I'm a big follower of Joe McNally, I can proudly state that he is my photographic idol.  I've read all he books and tune in whenever he is on KelbyTV's the Grid, a show devoted to photographers.  He talks about, when you are a magazine shooter, besides trying to get the "Holy Grail", the cover, an inside "Double Truck (2 page spread) for a photographer, is prime real estate. Joe should know, he has shot covers for Time and of course, National Geographic.

I'm very proud to be represented in such a huge way in this magazine.  

Comments