Happy New Year.  I know it has been several months since I last posted, I'm going to improve that in 2015.  In November of last year I received an email from the editor of the McKinney Magazine asking me if I would like to "shoot food" for articles in the magazine.  Of course I said, "yes."  I've wanted to post this for some time but I didn't want to have everything fall to pieces.  It would be my luck that the magazine would be bought out by some larger concern on the very day that my images would be delivered and they would replace them with some other photographer's images, and I would have just told everyone that I know in the known universe about my images in that magazine....and they wouldn't be there....very embarrassing.  So I've waited until I saw them with my two optically corrected eyes holding the magazine in my semi aging (hey I'm only 56) hands.  And they are all there in their glory.....AND I'm really happy because I got a "double truck" (that's photographer lingo for a shot spread over 2 pages) on the opening of the article. WhooHoo!!!  The next month is already in the can and I have already committed to 2 more articles.  The autograph line forms to the right, thank you very much.  I also have a bonus shot in this issue, the doctors of the Texas Vision & Laser Center ad on page 9.

Here is a link to the article: http://www.mckinneyonline.com/, click on the latest issue under Digital Edition.

In addition to the food photography, I'm going to really focus (sorry for the pun) on becoming the best photographer I can.  I'm studying to take the CPP (Certified Professional Photographer) test in May.  The test is given by the PPA and has a multiple guess 100 question test component and an image submission component.  In the image submission part the applicant has to submit images that show a proficiency in composition and knowledge of specific types of lighting a subject.  The test shouldn't be too hard for me but the image submission is another thing altogether.  I will let you know how I do.

The other thing that I'm very excited about for this year is Texas School.  Texas School is one of the best photography workshop in the US and it is right here in Dallas (Addison, to be exact).  It is a week long workshop with 1 instructor.  You sign up for an instructor that you choose in a mad dash winner take all we're opening up the switchboards free-for-all.  You pick your 3 top choices and at 11:00 on the the night of registration you click your registration button and hope you get your top choice.  I was lucky to get my top choice, Tony Corbell.  Tony is consider the lighting Guru and is very nice guy.  I am really looking forward to this week.

Overall, I'm really looking forward to amazing 2015!!

Here are the photos from the magazine:




Comments